RULES FOR THE CONDUCT OF EXAMINATIONS:
The following rules are to be strictly followed during examination for effective evaluation of teaching and learning process.
- Candidates must observe all instructions given by an invigilator.
- A candidate who wishes to attract the attention of an invigilator shall remain seated and raise a hand.
- Candidates are required to bring their Identity Card with them to every examination. A candidate who is unable to identify himself/herself may be excluded from the examination at the discretion of the Senior Invigilator. Any person alleged to have committed an offence under these regulations will be subject to the University disciplinary procedures.
- Mobile phones, electronic gadgets and any sort of incriminating materials are strictly prohibited.
ENTERING AND LEAVING EXAMINATION ROOMS
- Candidates will not be admitted to the examination room more than fifteen minutes before the start of the examination.
- Candidates may not enter the examination room later than thirty minutes after the start of the examination.
- No candidate may enter the examination room after the start of the examination if, for any reason, another candidate has already left the examination room.
- No candidate may leave the examination room, other than for illness or other reason acceptable to the invigilator, until thirty minutes after the start of the examination. Candidates who leave the examination room without the permission of an invigilator will be deemed to have withdrawn from the examination, and will not be permitted to re-enter the examination room.
- No candidate may leave the examination room within the last thirty minutes of the examination, other than in computer aided assessment or in exceptional circumstances and with the permission of the invigilator. In computer aided assessment, the candidate may leave within the last thirty minutes, provided they have permission from the invigilator and leave the room with minimal disturbance.
- A candidate who wishes to leave the examination room early shall attract the attention of an invigilator and, when given permission to do so, shall leave the room with the minimum disturbance.
- All answer books (used and unused) and/or records of assessment are to be collected from candidates before they are permitted to leave the examination room.
- All candidates must keep their belongings at the specified place and can not take inside exam hall under any circumstances.
- No candidate shall start the examination until directed to do so by an invigilator.
- Candidates must stop working immediately when instructed to do so by the invigilator. Late arrival candidates will be required to finish at the stated end time, as instructed by the invigilator.
- All candidates are to remain seated in silence until scripts and/or records of assessment have been collected and permission to leave is given.
- All work, including rough work, must be written in the answer books provided or on the relevant paper provided, where answer books are not used. Additional sheets of paper, such as graph paper and drawings, must be clearly marked with the candidate's Roll Number and fixed to the candidate’s answer book or record of assessment.
- Answer books are to be given to the invigilator on request.
- Pages may not be removed from an answer book, nor may an answer book or record of assessment be removed from the examination room.
- Mathematical tables, charts, etc which may be provided for candidates' use are the property of the University/ College, and may not be removed from the examination room.
- Candidates will be instructed prior to any examination which aids such as calculators are permissible or not.
- Candidates will not be permitted to use their mobile telephone or smart watch(or other means of transmitting or receiving information in any form) as a calculator and a separate device must be used which cannot store text or other information that might unfairly be of use in the examination. A candidate who brings into the examination aids other than a type specified in the examination rubric commits an assessment offence.
BEHAVIOUR DURING EXAMINATIONS
- Throughout the whole of the examination, silence must be maintained, except when requests for additional answer books etc.are made. A candidate whose behaviour persistently disturbs other candidates may be excluded from the examination.
- Candidates are permitted to bring drinking water into the examination room. No other food or drink is allowed.
- A candidate may not communicate in any way with any person other than an invigilator during the examination.
- No candidate may retain during the examination any article which is not required for the purpose of the examination. Such articles should preferably not be taken into the examination room. If they are, they must be left in a part of the room, as directed by the senior invigilator, but they remain the responsibility of the candidate.